* Direct Support Staff- Companions- Degree Preferred- Mandatory Drug Testing upon hire!
* Internship Opportunities & Course Credits Offered- Social Work Majors Only!
Support Coordinator Position(s):
*Bilingual applicants preferred but not required
The ideal candidate will have at least five years prior experience working in the Social Work field. Reporting to the Support Coordination Supervisor, the Social Worker provides case management for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities receiving services through the NJ Division of Developmental Disabilities.
General Description: This is a professional position that is responsible for providing case management services for adults receiving with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The incumbent performs complex tasks to determine, plan and manage services.
· Assesses participants and family needs in order to determine level of care needed and service gaps.
· Develops written case histories and individual service plans for client/family.
· Coordinates, prepares and submits individual service plans.
· Oversees quality and reimbursement for all member services.
· Monitors participants changing needs and coordinates services accordingly.
· Provides supportive counseling/consultation to participants and families.
· Identifies resources to meet needs in housing, transportation, residential
and other major service voids.
· Maintains accurate records in accordance with local and State guidelines.
· Performs related work as assigned.
A. Mandatory Training Case Managers
• Orientation (2 days)
B. Required experience:
Working with Adults, case management, Children or Youth with developmental delays: Minimum four years.
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree in Social Work
Knowledge or willing to learn about Person Centered Practices. Must be able to complete your caseload. Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Must be able to work and make judgments independently, as well as function as part of a team.
C. Special Conditions:
· Extensive Criminal Records Check, including fingerprinting
· Valid Driver's License
. Valid Registration
· CPS (Child Protective Services) Check
· 90 day- probationary period
Part time and full time positions Available
Job Type: Full-time & Part Time
D. Salary: Competitive
Excellent communication skills-both written and oral; proficiency with Microsoft Office, interpersonal and proem solving skills and the ability to travel extensively on a daily basis for community based appointments throughout the state of New Jersey. A valid driver's license is needed. If you are interested in applying for this position please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact us at 800.936.3256. extension 3
A rewarding work environment
Competitive pay rates
Required license or certification: Driver's License
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employer by choice.
Copyright 7TH & MADISON EXTENSIONS OF EMPOWERMENT LLC.. 2011. All rights reserved.